CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gardening Progress

This past weekend we got outside to work on planting some flowers. Isaac was a huge help and was very excited to dig in the dirt. He actually did most of the planting and I just indicated which plants I wanted planted in various areas around the house. We still haven't planted impatiens in the back yet. I am hoping to get to them this weekend. We also haven't planted any of the vegetables but we did get our raised planter beds set up and we are going to pick up dirt this weekend to fill them up. I can't believe how expensive dirt can be. Here are a few pictures showing the progress we have made so far.

Isaac planting our petunias in our deck box.

Getting ready to plant dianthus in the front and side of the house.

Digging in the mulch.

Our clematis was planted last spring and it is doing really well climbing the trellis. Can't wait for them to bloom!

Derrick is leveling out the ground under one double set of raised planters. We have another one identical sitting next to this one. I can't wait to have fresh veggies out of our own garden. We love to grill out vegetables and this will be a huge budget saver.

4 comments:

schmobes said...

Looks like fun! How do you care for the clematis. We had one, planted by the previous owners of the house, and it was beautiful for a few years. Then it sort of didn't come back. I miss it!

Zonnah said...

Can't wait to see your veggie garden!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Looks like you're making good progress! I love clematis~so pretty!

Amy said...

My mom planted clematis before and she and the local nursery suggested working lime and a fertilizer into the soil. That has worked so far.