CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Favorite Vegetable

Gotta love those potatoes. Especially french fries. Not so figure friendly though. This leads me to cook them out on the grill (Derrick really does the cooking then) or even make oven fries which are much healthier. I always felt like they never really got cooked all that well in the middle though like when you fry them up. Then I found this recipe where you cook the potato wedges in the microwave for a few minutes before putting them in the oven and what a difference that makes. Yummy cooked middles with the crunchiness still on the outside. Love them! As much as I love to cook, I wish I wasn't so slow to find out some of these basics tricks of cooking.

Jo Jo Potato Wedges

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2011/09/jo-jo-potato-wedges.html

I made them with the parmesan cheese and bread crumbs the first time which I liked but then I made them with just some seasoning mix that I have and liked them even better. I felt the parmesan cheese took over too much of the flavor and I really like me some potatoes.

0 comments: