CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 4, 2012

Tacos Anyone

I absolutely love mexican food. I will admit most of the Mexican food I eat isn't very authentic because I'm just not that into spicy food. I have a recipe for chicken fajitas in the slow cooker that I have used for a very long time. I've even shared it with family because it is so simple and that's what we need right now when we are all busy with kids and their activities. It's difficult to find time to prepare a meal during the 5-7 pm time frame so slow cookers really come in handy. In the past when I wanted chicken tacos I used the above mentioned recipe but lately I have been using a recipe I found on another one of my favorite sites that adds in some other flavors to the tacos and it uses cream cheese. This might be my new theme for anything I cook. It has to have cream cheese! It is also a slow cooker recipe. Here are both recipes for your eating pleasure.

Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas (from Reynolds Grilling and More Recipe Card Collection)

Ingredients:
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 onion, sliced
2 red or green bell peppers, cut into strips
3/4 cup salsa
2 packages (1.4 oz each) fajita seasoning
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper ( I don't add this because of my spicy issues)
16 10-inch flour tortillas
Shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, guacamole & sour cream

Directions:
Place chicken in slow cooker. Add onions and bell peppers. Mix salsa, fajita seasoning and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Pour over chicken and veggies. Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on low 6 to 7 hours OR on high 3 to 4 hours until chicken is done. Remove lid and gently shred chicken using two forks. Spoon onto tortillas; add toppings.


Easy Chicken Santa Fe


"Recipe Girl" suggests serving it over rice or as tacos. We like it both ways. Sometimes we do it over rice the first night and then reheat later in the week for tacos. 

0 comments: